Upcoming Meetings and Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Phil Goldfarb: “How to Utilize The JewishGen Discussion Group Effectively”
Sunday, March 14, 2021, 1:00 PM until 3:15 PM
Registration is not Required
“How to Utilize The JewishGen Discussion Group Effectively”. This one-hour presentation is for anyone who is using or thinking about using the JGDG, the most widely used Discussion Group in Jewish Genealogy. JewishGen has approved this program and topics discussed are:
- What the JGDG is all about.
- Ways the JGDG can help you.
- Advantages of the new JGDG platform.
- Discussion Group Rules and Guidelines.
- How to join the JGDG.
- Group settings.
- Options for Group Message delivery.
- How to change an e-mail address or message delivery.
- Two ways to post a message.
- How to find archival messages (back to 1998!)
- Hashtags: how/why important to use them.
- How to “mute” hashtags to only get certain messages.
- How to create an automatic signature.
- How to reply to a message individually or to the group.
- Why messages are rejected or deleted.
- Success stories from the JGDG.
- Need help or are confused? Who to contact.